On Friday June 17th, four Firefighters from the City of Hudson Fire Department attended an Advanced Extrication Class held in Oriskany, NY. The training was sponsored by the NYS Fire Chiefs Association in conjunction with their 110th annual Conference and Fire Expo held at the Turning Stone Resort & Casino.
The day long class covered many topics including Vehicle Stabilization, Air Bag use, Hand ... (Full Story & Photos)
The City of Hudson Fire Department recently played host to a 4 day "Public Safety Diver Course". The class, which started on Thursday May 19th, was taught by Team Lifeguard Systems out of Shokan, N.Y. The lead instructor of the class is the founder of Team LGS, Walt "Butch" Hendrick. The class graduated 12 Divers and 9 tenders, including 5 Divers and 4 Tenders from Hudsons own Dive Team.
Firefighter/Past Assistant Chief Daniel Hickey, May 05
Photographs of the 1978 Mack which belong to Rogers Hose as it sits today. The truck was sold to a vendor in 1999 when the new KME was purchased. The Mack was purchased by the Crow Creek Valley Volunteer Fire Department located in Sherwood Tennessee. Sherwood is located on the Tennessee / Alabama state line west of Chattanooga Tennessee in Franklin county. Sherwood is a small town in the mountains. ... (Full Story & Photos)
At 9:37AM Friday morning, Hudson Engine 27-9 was dispatched with a F.A.S.T. team at the request of the Greenport Fire District for a structure fire across from 597 Joslen Boulevard in the Town of Greenport.
Upon arrival crews from 27-9 staged near the residence and stood by as crews from Greenport worked to extinguish the fire. Several FAST members from Hudson also laddered the building to provide ... (Full Story & Photos)
Firefighters Conor O'Neill and Jason Detzel. Lance Wheeler Photo.
At 11:39pm Monday night, City of Hudson Firefighters were dispatched to a report of a working structure fire at 18 Worth Avenue in the City. The 911 caller indicated the occupants of the residence may still be inside. While units were enroute, a 2nd call was received from the occupants directly, reporting they were unable to exit the 2nd floor apartment due to heavy smoke and fire.